What are we going to cover in this tutorial?
Let's explore a complex organizations controlling access to enterprise resources for intellectual property concerns, privacy or compliance with laws.
This may sound like a lot of information to absorb at once, but we will break down each area with basic examples. Then we will combine them into one
enterprise architecture to show how they work together. The simple architecture is based on three (3) Use Case examples for logging on from internal,
external and special situations based on policies. (Geo-Location, Geo-Fencing, internal, external, etc..)
To protect peoples identities and corporate resources - The need to know who, what, when and how the resources of enterprise are accessed.
- In what what way were the corporate resources used?
- What Authentication Methods were used to access corporate resources?
- How different policies are used for different locations where access is being attempted?
- How and when were they accessed?
- How confident are we it is the right person accessing the right resources?
- Real-time monitoring, reporting and analytics for determining risk of access request or action.
- Real-time access request approval/denial based on workflow.
- Minimize the use of people knowing sensitive passwords to sensitive resources.
- Audit and Compliance reporting.
- Prevent hacking attempts.
The following will explore integrating enterprise systems with higher security standards.
This tutorial only explores a small portion of the enterprise wide architecture needed to support the enterprise systems end to end.
It is the organizations responsibility to create policies for complying with applicable laws and standards.
- Comply with all applicable Laws and Regulations pursuant to the business
- Comply with all applicable Standards pursuant to the business
- Minimize access to resources only needed for Job Role
- Credential Check In/Out, One Time Password & Monitor/Record Privileged Accounts
- Higher security standards by using Multi-Factor Authentication based on log in policies and location
- Lower the cost and ease administration of systems
- Minimize the cost of user password resets/admin
- Analytics and reporting in real-time
How will we use SSO, MFA and PAM for an enterprise?
Click on the next button and lets explore this topic.